Saturday, January 21, 2012

Teaching Tips: Signage, Penguins and Clothesline

Update from original post: Here is a better picture of the lettering on the sign.  Again, the "is cool" is removable so that the sign can be used for additional projects.



Last week my class made the Pinterest inspired footprint pengiuns as an enrichment activity following a long reading test.  I thought that they turned out really cute!  Not everyone likes having the teacher paint their foot, so I made participation optional.  I also had a bucket of warm water and paper towels ready after each print.  Overall, I thought that the children did a nice job of keeping the room clean.

I currently have a broken window in my classroom, so I tried to make it more attractive by adding a cute sign (this photo doesn't show the cute polka dot lettering very well).  "Mrs. O'Brien's Class" is laminated onto the poster and the "Is Cool" is taped over top.  This way I can change the class motto to go with a new theme and do not have to create an entirely new poster.
I also found a clothesline tucked away in my classroom and decided it was perfect to hang projects from the windows.  Clipping the line to the windowsill was a cinch and will make it much easier to add and remove future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment